At this year’s Women of Silicon Valley conference, we aim to empower you with the knowledge to step forward boldly into the future of tech. The fast-changing tech sector demands that professionals working in it stay ahead of the game, and that’s where we like to think we come in.
We’re constantly amazed at the new developments we see in the tech sector year after year at our conference in San Fransisco. It’s truly inspiring to see the droves of women with ideas that have the potential to change the world, all in one place.
In 2019, perhaps the most undeniable shift in focus in the tech sector has been towards artificial intelligence and the potential for its real-world applications, such as with machine learning and deep learning.
As you’re probably aware, artificial intelligence is one of the hottest topics in the tech sector right now. Over the next decade, AI promises to change the way we look at technology, whether you’re working to develop the tech, or simply using it in your everyday life.
The original concepts of AI have already led to developments that have transformed the world around us – take a look at Netflix, Google search, or even the virtual assistant that lives in your smartphone.
Women of Silicon Valley returns to San Francisco 2-3 May, 2019.
At Women of Silicon Valley, we pride ourselves on being at the epicentre of new tech developments. By attending our conference you’ll gain access to sessions on AI and machine learning hosted by some of the industry’s leading professionals.
Each session is designed to ensure you walk away with actionable insights into the industry, allowing you to implement your learnings from each session as soon as you leave the conference.
Take a look at some of the AI and Machine Learning sessions on offer at Women of Silicon Valley 2019 below:
How to Start a Career in AI and Machine Learning
The boom of AI has meant there is now a significant shortage of professionals to fill roles in this exciting new field. Hear how you can step into one of tech’s most innovative career pathways.
Key takeaways include:
- Exploring the current AI career landscape and which industries are currently using AI
- Assessing how to get into AI, if you are new to the field
- Understanding the alternative routes to entry if you are already a programmer
- Examining the options for those already in data science
AI & Machine Learning Demystified - A Simple Introduction
This session is perfect for those looking to learn the basics of artificial intelligence, and how the principles of AI can be applied to improve our everyday working lives.
Key Takeaways include:
- A clear understanding of the recent advances in AI
- Clarity on the future uses for AI
- Beginner-level understanding of the 2 common approaches to achieving AI’s potential: Machine Learning and Deep Learning
Why Chatbots are the Future of Communication
Chatbots provide a perfect way to use the principles of AI to improve the communication aspects of a business. Here you’ll explore the scope of this technology and how it can be best used.
Key takeaways include:
- Understanding of the various milestones reached by leading players in bot technology
- Clarity around the future and potential of chatbots as it adopts greater AI
Roadmaps of the current and future applications for chatbots
- Tech-investment strategies – Pinpointing the industries that stand to gain the most from AI, both now and in the future