Women of Silicon Valley returns for 2019! Join us 2nd-3rd May at San Francisco Marriott Marquis.
Tech superheroes are uniting in change at this year's Women of Silicon Valley. Part of the world’s largest Women in Tech conference series, this event aims to enable people and organisations to connect, learn and take action on gender diversity and inclusion together. Taking place over two days, the conference boasts over 50 sessions, 100 speakers and 1,500 attendees.
Be inspired by the ecosystem's most influential women in technology, network with like-minded female founders, liaise with top Silicon Valley tech companies and enhance your skills portfolio in a passion-charged atmosphere. Don't miss out!
What can I expect on the day?
Stand still in the tech sector, and you'll get left behind. Our conference allows you to deep dive into current tech trends and develop your business strategy based on these innovations. Expect keynote speeches, workshops and technical classes on these topics:
The Future of Tech: Disrupt or be disrupted! Which tech-change agent will you become?
- Your journey to truly cognitive technology: Robotics, RPA, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, A.I. and beyond!
- Big Data and Analytics – creating change agents to win the data science war.
- To the intelligent edge – the next IT transformation.
- How to upskill fast and identify your pathway to seniority.
The 2019 Tech-Pulse: Master today’s tech possibilities to improve your success right now!
- Beyond data lakes – how to turn data-driven decision making into practice.
- Evolving cloud – distributed tech, edge computing and its overlay implications.
- Automation – understanding software-defined segmentation.
The Evolution of Work: Lead from the front by embracing, instead of fearing, the modern-day work environment.
- Fit for purpose recruitment practices to attract the workforce your future business needs.
- Work/life balance – creating space for wellbeing and productivity.
- Embracing the new project practices – Agile vs. Kanban vs. Waterfall.
Founders Focus – Changing The World Through Entrepreneurship: Learn from fellow founders’ success stories and gain practical advice on how to scale your business.
- What to consider when investing in technology?
- Outsourcing vs. in-housing your tech & tech teams - which way to go?
- Creating your pitch-deck - what to include & what it should look like.
Diversity, Inclusion and You!: Be empowered with the practical insight, tools and confidence you need to take action.
- Ageism – as working life extends into our 70’s how will it impact you?
- Upskilling fast – adapting to an ever-changing tech sector landscape.
- Pay gaps – looking into the true state of affairs and understanding the psychology of pay gaps.
Career & Personal Development: Upskill yourself for the modern workforce!
- Practical tips & tricks for navigating your way into a tech-specific career.
- The fundamentals of changing careers at any age.
- Demystifying having it all.
Who will be there?
Celebrate San Francisco's vibrant tech scene with talks from these speakers:
- Cassie Kozyrkov, Chief Decision Scientist @ Google
- Arquay Harris, Director of Engineering @ Slack
- Leah McGowen-Hare, Senior Director @ Salesforce
- Rahnold Thomas, MD & National African American Resource Co-Lead @ Accenture
- Teuta Hyseni, Security Engineer @ Microsoft
- Anshu Kak, Vice President & Distinguished Engineer @ IBM
- Richa Khandelwal, Engineering Manager @ Coursera
- Anchal Gupta, VP (Engineering) @ American Express
- Rija Javed, CTO @ MarketInvoice
- Kimberly Bryant, Founder & Executive Director @ Black Girls CODE
- Tanu Chellam, Senior Product Manager @ Autodesk
- Rekha Venkatakrishnan, Staff Product Manager @ WalmartLabs International
- Micheline Casey, Global Head of Data (Ford Smart Mobility) @ Ford Motor Co
- Ying Zheng, CTO & Co-Founder @ AiFi
- Caroline Winnett, Executive Director @ Berkeley SkyDeck
- Christine Spang, CTO & Founder @ Nylas
- Anjali Arora, Chief Product Officer @ Rocket Software
- Sangita Singh, General Manager (Global Cloud Consulting Services) @ IBM
- Grace Francisco, VP (Developer Relations) @ Roblox
- Miriam Aguirre, Senior Vice President of Engineering @ Skillz
- Pratima Arora, Head of Confluence @ Atlassian
There's more speakers to be added, watch this space!
Still not convinced? Here’s a note from our producer, Emma Tommony:
As we continue to move further into the modern digital revolution, tech’s potential to change the world through a more diverse and inclusive workforce is limitless... and with the prospect of new technologies still undiscovered ahead, it’s a genuinely exciting time to be in – or get into – tech!
By joining us in San Francisco, you’ll be at the forefront of the global community shaping the future for a more gender-diverse workforce. And you’ll be empowered with the skills, knowledge and connections needed to break the mould and reach your goals.
The technology of tomorrow will require us ALL to play a role in its advancement. A non-diverse workforce is simply not going to cut it any longer. The advance of technology is creating new jobs, and we therefore need ‘new’ people to fill these roles – namely those looking to actively shape the future.
Calling all women in the tech industry, book now to secure your spot among other innovators in your field! You can follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook to keep up to date with everything Women of Silicon Valley.